Pages

Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Allegany County: Suspicious death under investigation in Ward - 'murder' label questioned LIMITED update


UPDATE 7/6/17

Allegany County man murdered - Troopers asking for help

------
It began with this entry in the New York State Police online blotter:
So, clearly, it caught my eye. This is July 4th. How many official sources do you think are working today? Simple answer, not many. (just me) But then again...they gave me their cell numbers, which I use sparingly.
I was able to reach NYS Trooper James O'Callaghan, the Public Information Officer, after several attempts. He said "I'm not sure why it was labeled a murder." He said it would be more appropriate to call it a "suspicious death." O'Callaghan said more will be known after the autopsy, which may happen Wednesday. We then reached out to the Senior BCI trooper handling the case. He was not available this morning, although sources told us we worked well into the night Monday on the case. Another source simply referred to the deceased as an "older man." The source called it a "complicated case."
So that's what I can report. A man has died in the Town of Ward. Police are calling the circumstances 'suspicious.' Investigators will know more after the autopsy...and the lead Investigator has been working nonstop on this case since it was reported. This is a developing story....