Pages

Saturday, July 22, 2017

Wellsville: 20-something guys act like boys, not like adults in restaurant

On Saturday, I took a break for a bite to eat at a local eatery in Wellsville. The food was good, but the nearby commentary was sad. About 30 feet from me was a group of six men, or older boys...perhaps 20-ish. I'd call them men, but they didn't act like men. They acted like 15-year-old Middle School boys. They were all good looking, stylish in summer apparel, which I think aided in the "no care" attitude. The boys were very fond of the "F" word...and they were never taught about the difference between an 'inside' voice and an 'outside' voice. These late bloomers fancied the 'outside' voice. Ooohhh, impressed, big boys. They continued to chat loudly, sucking down food, going and repeating. They also found joy or late adolescent happiness in noting faults of others. I would have taken a photo, but I believe they would have smashed me...cuz they thought they could. These newly-found, just-learned ability to shave big boys also took joy in making comments about people, the service, the food. To be fair, there was one man/boy, who appeared uncomfortable about the dialogue. He may actually amount to something. The others? Well, stay tuned to the police blotter.  
I departed the establishment at the same time three other parties did. Without prompting, one man said generally..."can you F-ing believe that. I drove 180 miles to hear the same shit I could have at home?"
Well done man-boys. Well done. You clueless simple pieces of garbage.
To the patrons that stomped away...this isn't Wellsville. Please come back. These man/boys will be in jail by the time your return.