Pages

Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Assemblyman Giglio, wife, test positive for COVID

Olean Times Herald

Assemblyman Joseph Giglio, R-Gowanda, announced Tuesday he and his wife have tested positive for COVID-19.

“As a precautionary measure, I took a COVID-19 test today because I was experiencing mild flu-like symptoms," he said in a statement. "Regrettably, I learned that I tested positive for the virus, as did my wife, Ann."

Giglio represents the 148th District, which consists of all of Cattaraugus and Allegany counties, and portions of Steuben County. He has served in the Assembly since 2005, having won re-election this past November.

State Sen. George Borrello, R-Lakewood, who represents the 57th Senate District, announced in November he was positive for COVID-19 and that he experienced mild symptoms.