Pages

Monday, November 18, 2019

Wellsville Highway Superintendent responds to job cuts, town budget

STATEMENT FROM THE TOWN OF WELLSVILLE HIGHWAY SUPERINTENDENT

I would like to respectively respond to the Town of Wellsville's 2020 budget decisions. We all know the bleeding starts with NY Leaders and is trickling down to the Towns and Villages.
The safety of the roads in the Town of Wellsville is my main concern. Under NO CIRCUMSTANCE do I agree with eliminating any position in the Highway Department to close the budget gap.
I know the Town Board has a huge burden to address now and in the coming years.
I will continue to work with the board and help in any way I can.
The hardworking, dedicated crew of the Wellsville Town Highway Department work tirelessly for your safety, and we will continue to maintain that to the best of our ability.
I hope the Town Board continues to dig deep and find an alternative solution and not jeopardize any level of service and safety we provide now.
Thank you.
Dean Arnold
Superintendent of Highways