Pages

Friday, September 29, 2017

An apology to Potter County Commissioners

I'm human and errors happen. When they occur, I make sure to accept responsibility and make a correction.
All day Thursday, my mind told me it was Friday (wishful thinking, I suspect). During the afternoon, I received, like always, the meeting minutes from the last Potter County Commissioners meeting and the agenda for the current meeting. The Commissioners meet every other Thursday (pretty much), but my mind was in Friday mode. So, like an idiot, I fired off an almost appropriate email to each Potter County Commissioner asking why the meeting agendas are sent out a day after the county meeting.  I stated (and those that know me can only imagine the verbiage), why agendas were sent out after the meeting...noting that the agenda is supposed to tell the public what officials plan to discuss...not...oh, by the way, this is what you missed.
So today at 2:30 a.m., I re-read the agenda email, paused and then looked at the calendar. I was a day off! Potter County officials did indeed send out the meeting agenda on time. It's not the best way to begin a work day. So, I quickly sent out an apology email to the Commissioners with my feeble excuse.
In my original catastrophic message to the government leaders, I did compliment Dawn Wooster who sends the Potter County information. I'm grateful for her efforts. I also complimented the Commissioners on their website, which is timely and helpful.
So I fall on the sword. To Douglas Morley, Paul Heimel and Susan Kefover... accept my apology. I believe that working from 2:30 a.m. to 7 p.m., naps are in order.