Pages

Friday, November 8, 2019

STATEMENT FROM GOVERNOR ANDREW M. CUOMO ON FOILED SCHOOL ATTACK NEAR ROCHESTER

Cuomo: "I will do everything in my power as Governor to keep our children and our teachers safe. And I want to be crystal clear: any person posing a threat to our schools will face the harshest possible penalty under the law - whether or not they intend to actually execute that threat."  
 
 
"Yesterday, school officials in Upstate New York worked with local, state and federal law enforcement officers to help stop an alleged plot by three students to attack Albion Middle School. The plot was determined to be credible and the agencies worked quickly to investigate and identify the suspects.
 
"The State of New York has zero tolerance for violence in our schools.  I will do everything in my power as Governor to keep our children and our teachers safe. And I want to be crystal clear: any person posing a threat to our schools will face the harshest possible penalty under the law - whether or not they intend to actually execute that threat.  
 
"I want to personally thank officials at the Albion Central School District, the Albion Police Department, the Orleans County District Attorney's office, the FBI and the New York State Police for their swift response to these threats. School and police officials across this state continue to be on high alert and I encourage anyone who notices any unusual or suspicious behavior to report it to school administrators and law enforcement right away."