Pages

Sunday, October 6, 2019

Diane Cox running for Alma Town Board

Information provided by Diane Cox

My husband and I moved to Allegany County 50 years ago, when Bill began his engineering career at the then CE Air Preheater. As transplants we were attracted by the life style and amazing natural beauty of the area.  We wouldn’t trade the blessing of waking up to a sunrise over our pasture or watching the leaves change on the hills around us.  I don’t hunt and I don’t fish but I live with a family that does.  For me the best part of hunting season is the stories that come out of the woods.  Personally, I find my serenity walking or riding my horse in the woods and kayaking on Alma pond.
The Alma Town Board meetings have been making the news recently. Our community is physically spread out and perhaps that contributes to some of our present disagreements.  As a former Science teacher and pastor of several churches, including the Allentown United Methodist church, I have experience working with people of all ages. My personal goal in working with groups and individuals has always been to help them become the best version of themselves.  My question to all of us is, “What is the best version of the town of Alma we can envision?”
I have listened to people on all sides of the issues that are putting a dark cloud over our community and can see that we’re all basically good people.  Do I have a quick solution for all this?  No, but I believe I can help us find one.  I was asked to run by Bev Root, a long-time resident and Alma board member because, “You have common sense and empathy.”
I am confident that I can serve on the Alma Town Board with compassion and consideration for everyone involved.
I’m asking voters to cast their ballot for Diane Cox on November 5th.