Pages

Monday, January 30, 2017

Wellsville family angry over medication theft-UPDATED

UPDATE: On Tuesday, the woman received new medications from the doctor!
Previous post:
A Wellsville family says it is angry over the theft of prescription medications...and claims, nobody cares, even police. The Chamberlain Street family Monday afternoon resorted to posting signs to express their discontent. The mother/victim didn't want to be named, but told us today required prescription medications were stolen from her home last week. She said she has a "pretty good idea" who committed the theft, but isn't pleased with the system response so far. She said her medications are gone and has had a difficult time getting new meds. Those medications, she said, are for anti-anxiety and she says she has received little help from police or her doctor. Wellsville police chief Tim O'Grady simply said, "it's an open investigation...and I can't comment further."
The victim said "what am I supposed to do...my job is in jeopardy...I need my meds." The victim claimed that from police to the medical community, "nobody cares." She said "I want to work, I need to work, but I need my medications."
Why post the lawn signs? The victim said, "It's all I can do." Those signs have captured attention...from  roadside vehicle honks to social media. Police say the investigation  is ongoing.