Pages

Thursday, October 8, 2020

Wellsville: Duke House for sale as owner heads to Florida

Information from The Duke House - 

Hello Everyone! As some of you may know already, I am planning to retire by the end of 2020 and will be relocating to Pensacola, Florida to be near my son Jake & his family. (They are settling there when he retires from the Army in early 2021.) It will be a huge change for me since I have lived in Wellsville since 1987. But it's a change I am ready for, and I am eager to be near my grand daughters Emma & Abby who are 13 & 10 already.
This has been a great experience. The structure at 244 N. Main St. went from a distressed property to a perfectly restored classic Greek Revival after 20 months of fearless renovation. Many folks thought I was crazy, but I always said, "Don't worry, it's gonna be beautiful!" In the past 5+ years, The Duke House has gained a reputation as a quiet comfortable full service restaurant with delicious food & personable service. We've had so many wonderful parties, weddings, birthdays & countless celebrations here! But just as important, the simple daily life - coming in for tea & scones, lunch with friends, ordering a birthday cake, enjoying a nice dinner, hanging out on the pergola on a warm evening....this is just as important. For me I've gotten to work out front in service and back in the kitchen. The opportunity to work with my dedicated staff of the past couple years has been the best part. Shelley's warmth, experience, generosity & humor; Mr. Scott's loyalty, gentlemanly conduct and hard work; Chef Isaac's fabulous cooking, culinary enthusiasm & sometimes irreverent attitude have all melded together to become a family. I could not have done this without their constant encouragement, hard work and just being there for each other.
I have listed The Duke House for sale with Vickie Middaugh of Middaugh Realty in Wellsville. It is my fervent hope that the business and property can be sold so The Duke House can continue being a vibrant part of our community. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced restauranteur or chef couple who may wish to leave city life and enjoy living and working in Wellsville. Besides, the heavy lifting is done! The Duke House is being listed for sale as a complete turnkey operation. Feel free to share this with anyone you like. Vickie will have photos posted on her website, along with all listing details. (I have also listed my personal residence and an income property with her also.)
In the meantime, The Duke House is continuing operations so please do stop in & visit. I will miss everyone terribly but it is time for me to take the next step in life. Thank you so much!!! - Nance