Pages

Monday, March 18, 2019

Crandall runs for state senate and says “Commonsense Leadership Works”










As I seek the Republican nomination to fill the vacancy in the New York State Senate, 57th District, I need and ask for the support of the people of Allegany, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, and Livingston Counties. There is a petition process underway which would put candidates before the voters. I have designating petitions being circulated in the four counties, and I welcome anyone or group to reach out and learn more about the experience and leadership that I can bring to the entire 57th District. I am a registered Republican and deeply conservative in my beliefs and values, and New York State needs commonsense leadership. I believe that while government has a vey important role in our lives as Americans, it should not attempt to run or legislate how we live our lives. I stand for reduced taxes, reduced regulations, private business and enterprise, more local government control, less State mandates on local government, and limiting unaffordable social welfare programs. While some legislative issues coming from Albany are seemingly complicated, I feel that my voice of reason and experienced leadership qualities can help direct New York State to a better tomorrow for your family and mine. I am proud of my record of reduced taxes, stable financial position, elimination of operational debt, improved bond rating, and other accomplishments experienced in Allegany County where I have served as Chairman since 2006.  With your help and support, I would like to have the opportunity to apply these principles and beliefs on the State level.
Background Information:
 Chairman Allegany County Legislature 14 Years (longest in County’s history)
 Held all key County Leadership Positions
 Reduced County Property Tax Rate—9 consecutive years
 Deputy Town Supervisor
 Office for the Aging Advisory Council Board Member
 Allegany County Senior Foundation Member
 Recognized for “Leadership in Economic Development Initiatives”
 Caneadea United Methodist Church Member
 Lions Club International Member
 Eagle Scout and Executive Member of Allegheny Highlands Council
 Chair—Eagle Scout Recognition Dinner, St. Bonaventure University
 Sportsman and Second Amendment Rights Supporter
 Entrepreneur and Businessman
 Local, State, and National Business Organization Memberships
 Married to Cathy 44 Years, two sons and two grandsons