Pages

Friday, December 7, 2018

Fillmore: FIRST LEGO LEAGUE Changes Young Life


Honestly, I don’t think I could ever find the words to say how much robotics has affected me throughout the five years I have been involved in FIRST LEGO LEAGUE.  Starting out, I was timid.  My best friend and I stuck together through most of our first year, (since) we were the only girls ever to be on the team at our school.  As time went by, I soon opened up to others on my team, realizing that the people I was surrounded with were pretty great.  Since then, things have only gotten better.  Not only has robotics helped me to become more confident, but it has also brought out a love for all things engineering.  Not to mention the lifelong friends I have made in the process.  Today, I am proud to call everyone on my team . . . my best friends. 
I remember the very first practice of a past season saying, “Wow it’s great to be back here.”
As this is my last year on my team, I can honestly say the decision to participate in FLL was probably one of the best decisions I have ever made.
EDITOR’S NOTE - Cattaraugus-Allegany BOCES’ Instructional Support Services Division sponsors and organizes FIRST LEGO LEAGUE in our area as well as the annual area competition.  For more information, please contact Ms. Jean Oliverio, Arts and Extracurricular Coordinator, at 716-376-8323 or joliverio@caboces.org.
FIRST stands for For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology.  For more information on the FIRST Lego League worldwide organization, visit http://www.firstlegoleague.org/about-fll.