Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Police: State Assembly Minority Leader charged with DWI - WBNG

 CANANDAIGUA, N.Y. (WBNG) – On Dec. 31 deputies reported to the scene of a crash on County Road 41 in the Town of Victor.
Following an investigation, deputies said that the driver, State Assembly Minority Leader Brian Kolb, was charged with driving while intoxicated.
There was a report of property damage, but no one was injured in the crash.

In a statement, Brian Kolb said, “I want to offer sincere apologies to my family, friends, colleagues, and the people of the 131st Assembly District. I fully recognize the severity of the situation and I am profoundly sorry. There is no excuse and no justification for what occurred Tuesday evening. I made the wrong decision, and it is one I deeply regret.”

Kolb was taken to the Ontario County Jail to be processed, and is due back in the Town of Victor court at a later date.

In addition to the DWI charge, Kolb is charged with making an unsafe turn.