Pages

Thursday, July 23, 2020

Wellsville resident praises emergency services during recent storms

During the recent afternoon storm, I sat listening to my scanner and to the multiple villages in Allegany County, one after the other, that had to call out their local fire depts for downed trees and there was a couple district’s that had lines on fire also. Most of us, including myself, would not walk from our houses to our vehicles in the weather we had Sunday but our firefighters were called out during the downpour and the lightening with chainsaws to remove downed trees blocking our roads. It made me stop and think about all the other situations that they get called out for, besides fires, that most people aren't aware they do or get any thanks for it,  like flooded basements, fire alarms that go off with no reason, vehicle accidents, carbon monoxide alarms, water rescues and of course downed trees and much more. So, if you know or see a firefighter please give them a big "Thank You" and I'll start it by giving my village of Wellsville Fire Dept a very hearty Thank You for ALL that you voluntarily do for my community and our safety.

Sue Amidon