Pages

Saturday, August 31, 2019

Some question administrative changes at Northern Potter school - there were sharp responses

The Northern Potter school board this month appointed Nathan Jones as acting superintendent. In 2017, then superintendent Scott Graham went on leave for medical reasons. However, questions were raised on the district's Facebook page. One local resident posted "I have to wonder how many programs could be restored with the amount spent on the undisclosed settlement." Graham was quick to respond, saying: There is no settlement agreement. I received no additional compensation for my salary after August 16, when my sabbatical ended. There is a separation agreement that compensates me for the same things teachers/principals receive when they retire. He called the resident 'misinformed at best and a liar at worst.' I gave my heart and soul to Northern Potter and will not let anyone tarnish my reputation by making up nonsense to stir up the community.”
The school board also appointed Wendy Baily as the acting Middle/High school principal.