Pages

Sunday, November 19, 2017

When media sites go to far, just to receive an ad click

Okay, between my private time and my work time, I spend plenty of hours examining websites. My primary work space is on a four foot plastic "Life Time" table that holds my desktop, recording equip., etc. I honestly can't tell you how many news sites I review on a daily basis. Here's the rub. I find it rude when I check a web or music site and a video and/or music automatically plays. Seriously? Whether I use a desk top, laptop, mobile device - sound is often on. When I begin at 1:20 a.m., I'm not happy with a video and funeral music blasts through my speakers - and the house. It happens more so with TV stations. The trump card is when you can't find where the damn video is so you can shut it down. Clearly, a 'marketing wonder' convinced a TV station that it will increase...something. Hey, genius...it makes bloggers like me write crap like this that reflects poorly on the media outlet. 
TV...Funeral Homes...others...Please turn off the automatic videos and music. Allow the consumer to decide if it is something they want to view or listen to. I'm a small site. My voice is weak. If you agree with the nonsense I have explained, then share. If you disagree, I'm fine with that too. I'm thankful everyday that I operate an ad-free site. I don't worry about the number of "clicks" I receive. You love it or ya don't, I'm fine either way. #justletlocalnewsmatter.