Pages

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Steuben: McAllister wins GOP primary; Watches still on Nov. ballot

BATH -- Unofficial primary tallies Tuesday night give Steuben County Assistant District Attorney Patrick McAllister a 2,765-2,509-vote lead in the Republican Party Primary for Surrogate Judge.“I would like to thank all those who voted for me,” McAllister said. “It has been my pleasure to meet so many great people in Steuben County. I also would like to congratulate Chauncey Watches on a well-run campaign,”


McAllister announced his candidacy in early February and conducted a strong grassroots campaign. 
An attorney for 35 years, and former county legislator, McAllister is now a county assistant district attorney and maintains a private practice.His work in Steuben’s Surrogate Court includes the probate and administration of estates and all aspects of guardianship proceedings and adoptions. He also has experience in felony matters and Family Court, where he has represented hundreds of children. McAllister looks to fill the vacancy left by county Judge Marianne Furfure, who will retire after 20 years on the bench. 
Statement by Judge Chauncey Watches Regarding Tonight's Primary Election Results for Steuben County Surrogate Court Judge

“The results are in and I’m proud to have earned victories in the Conservative and Independence Primary Elections. I’m also proud to have already secured the Reform Party ballot line.“Unfortunately, we came up just a little short in the Republican Primary. I would like to extend my congratulations to Patrick McAllister on his victory on that ballot line.“I would also like to thank the many people who voted for me today and who worked so hard on my campaign over the last several months. I truly appreciate your support and encouragement.“In the next few days, we’ll decide on the right path forward for November’s General Election.”