Pages

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

I'm Fake News?

So here's the deal...I've been doing news for 36 years, long before the internet developed. This morning, for the first time ever, I had a reader message me to tell me I was "fake news." The reader was miffed over a Tom Reed headline I posted. The body of the story was not questioned, just the headline. As the commenter said, in general terms, people often just read the headline and not the story. If you just read a headline and not the story, like...it's on me? The issue was with the headline, not the nuts and bolts, hence, I was called "Fake News." If people just glance at a headline and nothing more, what can I do? I'm not a commercial site. I don't get coin for clicks. I do this as a passion to inform people. I sit in the weekly Tom Reed weekly media call and others.
So I examined the headline. Yup, some could misinterpret the effort, so I changed it.
Bottom line. I was born in Wellsville. I live in Wellsville. I've devoted my life to this place. If you don't like the site, move on...don't read. To call me "fake news" after 3+ decades of sincere effort...Then I say, start your own blog.