Pages

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Cattaraugus County: Undersheriff Eric Butler Sworn Into Office


Sheriff Timothy Whitcomb proudly announces that on Thursday, March 23, 2017 Captain Eric Butler was promoted to the office of Undersheriff of Cattaraugus County.  In a small ceremony at the Sheriff’s Office, and presided by the Honorable Judge Ronald Ploetz, Eric Butler took the Oath of Office to fulfill the role as Undersheriff.
Sheriff Timothy Whitcomb states, “It is an honor and privilege for me to have Eric Butler accept my offer to him, to accept the position of Undersheriff at the Cattaraugus County Sheriff’s Office. I have known Eric my entire law enforcement career and can think of no one that I am more proud of, or confident in, to help me administer the Office of the Sheriff, and serve the constituants of Cattaraugus County.”
Undersheriff Butler is in his 20 years of law enforcement which consists of 17 years with the Cattaraugus County Sheriff’s Office and  3 years with the Salamanca Police Department. He was joined at the cermemony by his wife, Marylyn.